Sandford-on-Thames is a quiet village just off the A4074, which bypasses the village. But nearby is the Oxford Science Park and undoubtedly this brings traffic to the village. So perhaps it is less quiet during the morning and evening rush hours!
Access to the River Thames is by way of Church Road, and Sandford Lock can be reached across a footbridge adjacent to the popular Kings Arms public house. Next to the pub's car park is a small green which used to be a wharf, and on the other side of the Pub and next to the lock a housing development stands on the site of the former Sandford Mill. This was originally a corn mill belonging to the Abbey of Abingdon and recorded in 1100 as owned by the local monks for bread making. It was converted to a paper mill in 1826 and finally closed in 1982.
St Andrew’s Church is a late 11th century and 13th century building which was much restored
and enlarged in the 19th century.
Sandford-on-Thames is just off the A4074 Oxford to Henley road about a mile south of the southern Oxford ring road.