To most people, if they have heard of Chastleton at all, the name probably means little more than the superb Jacobean house owned by the National Trust, but behind the house is a quiet little Cotswold village comprising a couple of farms and a few cottages and little more. Chastleton House is one of the finest Jacobean mansions in the country and attracts many visitors each year.
The parish church is the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, built late in the 12th century, which was enlarged and refenestrated in the 14th century and has a south bell tower that was added in 1689.
Near the village there is an Iron Age hill fort at Chastleton Burrow.
Chastleton is just off the A44 approximately half way between Chipping Norton and Moreton-in-Marsh.