is a small Vale village on the high ground known as The Midvale Ridge. Most of the village is in a cul-de-sac
off the Hatford/Fernham road and which leads to the village school and the church.
Faith's Church is a complete late 12 century church which
had some restoration in 1850. Agriculture has always been
the mainstay of the village although, like most Oxfordshire
villages, fewer and fewer of the houses are occupied by
people involved in agriculture and there is no other industry
in the village.
local Corrallian limestone of
an important building material and is still being quarried
in the vicinity. Shellingford Crossroads Quarry is one
of a number of sites in Oxfordshire where quarrying has
left important geological exposures with fossils of corals
the second world war a flying school was established at
RAF Shellingford to train glider pilots. The air station
slosed in 1948 and is now a sand and gravel extraction
is about two and a half miles
south-east of Faringdon, just south of the A417.