Wroxton is an extremely attractive village of local dark honey-coloured ironstone cottages, many of them thatched and dating from the early 17th and 18th centuries. Close to the Abbey Gates and in Church and Silver Streets the properties are somewhat older.
In the centre of the village is a small green with thatched cottages all round and a picture-postcard duck pond.
The imposing All Saints' Church is thought to be chiefly 14th and 15th century. It has traces of a medieval wall painting above the chancel screen. The tower dates from 1748.
To the south of the village is Wroxton College which is housed in the buildings and grounds of Wroxton Abbey. The building is a modernised 17th century Jacobean manor house which was built on the foundations of a 13th century Augustinian priory. Wroxton College is an overseas campus of the American Fairleigh Dickinson University.
In the Abbey grounds (which are normally open to the public) there is a dovecote in the style of a Gothic octagonal tower with battlements, sometimes referred to as the Wroxton Castle. As well as the dovecote thereare two other follies - an obelisk and a folly in the form of two 40ft towers with an arch between.
On the western edge of the village, on the North Newington Road, is a 17th century guide post which gives directions (with carved hands) to Banbury, Chiping Norton (sic), London, and Stratford, and with various forms of sundial on each of the four sides.
Nearby is Wroxton ironstone quarry.
Wroxton is about 3 miles west of Banbury on the A422 Banbury to Stratford-upon-Avon road.