Souldern is a large, quite attractive village of grey stone houses and cottages on a hill right on the county boundary with Northamptonshire.
The village has a smart, long High Street lined with smart houses and attractive narrow back lanes, and the local pale coloured limestone is very evident. At the road junction half way along the High Street there is the village pond.
The parish church, the Church of the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary (St.Mary's) is on the northern edge of the village. The oldest parts of the building are 12th century. The church was enlarged and altered at various times between about 1200 and 1500. The medieval chancel was rebuilt in the late 19th century, and early in the 20th century the Norman tower and tower arch were dismantled and rebuilt.
The manor house dates from the late 17th century but has been considerable altered since, most recently in the mid-20th century. In the grounds of the manor house is a Roman Catholic chapel. This replaced an earlier attic chapel in the house.
As well as the parish church and the Roman Catholic chapel, there is also a Wesleyan Reform Union chapel in the village.
Souldern is about 7 miles north-west of Bicester just off the B4100.