Sandford St. Martin
Sandford St. Martin is a small, attractive village of honey-coloured stone cottages, some with stone tiled roofs and some with thatch. In the centre of the village on a small triangular green and nearby is Sandford Park, the most prominent house in the village.
Sandford Park is an early 18th-century house to which additions were made on the west side later in the century. A north wing, added in the early 20th century, was demolished in 1954.
Beside the River Dorn, but hidden from the village street by trees and by a steep fall in the ground, is Sandford Manor House. The manor house also dates from the 18th century.
On the green is a medieval cross base and shaft which was restored and given a new head in 1856.
The parish church, St. Martin's, has 13th century features and a Perpendicular tower with battlements.
Sandford St. Martin is about 6.5 miles east of Chipping Norton just north of the B4030 near The Bartons.
Three quarters of a mile north of Sandford, just off the Sandford to Nether Worton road, is the quiet hamlet of Ledwell which also has attractive cottages built of the local honey coloured stone.