Stanton St. John
Stanton St. John is an attractive little village with cottages built of a lovely light honey coloured stone which appears to glow in the sunlight.
The village church is the Church of St. John the Baptist, parts of which date from about 1200. During the 14th and 15th centuries the church was extended by building, for example, the Chancel and the tower. Extensive restorations were carried out in the 19th century.
Opposite the church is the village hall and a recreation ground and play area. In the centre of the village there is a village shop and post office and this has been featured in one or two episodes of the TV series Midsomer Murders, as have one or two village cottages.
Stanton St. John lies to the north-east of the city of Oxford just off the B4027 between Forest Hill and Islip.