is a small compact village with
brick and colour-washed timber-framed cottages spread
out along one side of the street and with a stream, the Marlbrook,
running along the other. Most of the village lies within
a conservation area.
the east end of the village is Cuxham Mill. Most of the
present building dates from the mid-18th century, but
the mill was one of 3 Cuxham mills mentioned in 1086,
and was given to the Prior of Wallingford before Merton
College, Oxford, acquired the manor in 1268-71.
church is the Church of the Holy Rood, the origins of
which are pre-Norman. The tower is Norman and the chancel
and sanctuary were added in the nineteenth century.
to the church is the church/village hall which was built
in the mid 19th century and was originally the National
is about a mile north-west of Watlington on the B480.