Weston-on-the-Green is a small village just off the busy A34 trunk road. The B430 passes along the edge of the village, but most of the village is away from the main road.
In the older parts of the village near the church and in North Lane there are attractive thatched and stone roofed stone cottages, whereas elsewhere there are mainly 20th century houses and bungalows.
The parish church in Weston is the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the earliest surviving part of which is the ground stage of the west tower. Apart from the bell tower the church was rebuilt in the 18th century and restored in the 19th century. The blank east wall of the church is dominated by an altarpiece of the Ten Commandments painted by the Italian master Pompeo Batoni.
Weston Manor House, on the main road, dates from the 15th or early 16th century. It was built within a 13th century moat, two sides of which survived until they were filled in in 1908. The house was re-fronted in the 16th century and entrance hall has a Tudor fireplace from about this period. The manor house is now the Weston Manor Hotel.
Just north of the village is RAF Weston-on-the-Green, built in the First World War but now used as a drop zone for the No.1 Parachute Training School RAF which is based at RAF Brize Norton. RAF Weston-on-the-Green is also used by a civilian gliding club.
Weston-on-the-Green is just off the busy A34 trunk road about 4 miles south-west of Bicester.