Kirtlington is an attractive village of light honey-coloured stone cottages with stone roofs, and several other buildings built with the same stone. Off Heyford Road, the main road through the village, there are two attractive triangular greens with ornamental trees, which enhance the appearance of the village.
About a quarter of a mile away to the west are the Oxford Canal and the River Cherwell, which run side-by-side.
The parish church is the Church of St. Mary the Virgin, the oldest parts of which date from the 12th century. Since the 18th century various members of the Dashwood family of West Wycombe, former owners of the village, have carried out alterations and improvements to the church including the bell tower and chancel.
The L-shaped manor house in Church Lane is recorded to have once had a date-stone of 1563. The house has a polygonal stair-turret and a corbelled chimney-stack.
Nearby Kirtlington Park is a Grade 1 listed 18th century country house set in historic parklands with far-reaching views over the Chiltern Hills, and it is a popular venue for weddings. The Kirtlington Park Polo Club is based at Kirtlington Park and it holds weekly matches during the summer season.
Kirtlington is about six and a half miles west of Bicester and about 4 miles north of Kidlington on the A4095.