Wardington is a village of mainly dark honey-coloured houses and cottages which is in two parts, Lower and Upper Wardington. From the main road in Lower Wardington a lane goes up the hill, passing the parish church, and leads towards Upper Wardington.
Between Lower and Upper Wardington is Wardington Manor house, which dates from the middle of the 16th century or possibly earlier. The house was remodelled in 1665 and twice early in the 20th century.
In Lower Wardington the parish church is the Church of St. Mary Magdelen.
Wardington is about 4 miles north-east of Banbury, very close to the county boundary with Northamptonshire. Lower Wardington is on the A361, and Upper Wardington is about a quarter of a mile to the south-east.