Great Bourton is a small village of honey-coloured ironstone houses and cottages and attractive houses on the side of a hill in the extreme north of the county only a stone's throw from the border with Warwickshire. In the corner of the churchyard over the lychgate at Great Bourton there is a very prominent and unusual bell tower.
The village church, All Saints' Church, stands prominently in the centre of the village. Although originally 13th century the church was rebuilt almost entirely in the 19th century. The west wall of the nave has a recess containing a small bell which was cast in 1673. When the church was rebuilt the unusual bell tower, separate from the church, was built over the lychgate and is one of only three such bell towers in Britain.
A mile to the south is the hamlet of Little Bourton, a mixture of local ironstone cottages, modern bungalows and a farm.
Great Bourton is about 3 miles north of Banbury, just off the A423 Banbury to Coventry road.