Middleton Stoney is a small grey stone and brick village at crossroads on the edge of Middleton Park which was extended eastwards in the 19th century by the 5th Earl of Jersey when the original village was demolished and replaced with cottages at the edge of the park.
The present house was built in 1938, replacing the 19th century manor house. The house was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and his son Robert Lutyens for the 9th Earl of Jersey.
The parish church, in the grounds of Middleton Park, is the Church of All Saints' and it dates from the middle of the 12th century.
Adjacent to the church are the remains of a motte and bailey castle, evidenced by earthworks which can clearly be seen.
Middleton Stoney is about 2.5 miles west of Bicester.