Finstock is a village of attractive stone walled and stone roofed cottages, which are typical of the East Cotswolds area, on the edge of the remnants of the ancient Wychwood Forest. Much of the village is away from the main road and a lot of the older property is in High Street which runs down the valley of a now culverted stream to an attractive hollow where there is the sole remaining village pub.
Holy Trinity Church, the parish church, dates from 1841. It is on the edge of the village on the main road. The playwright and poet T S Eliot was baptised here in 1927, a few weeks before publication of his poem Journey of the Magi.
Finstock holds an annual festival in August with music, crafts, dancing and country pirsuits such as Aunt Sally, Skittles and 'Welly Wanging'.
Finstock is about 2 miles south of Charlbury on the B4022 Witney to Charlbury road.