Tetsworth village is close to the M40 motorway which runs parallel to the A40 along this stretch. Much of the village is on a hill and because of this the village church is prominent from the motorway.
At the bottom of the hill, and next to the main road, is the village green with both cricket and football pitches which are enjoyed by village residents. On the edge of the green is the village sports and social club.
Red kites, originally released into the wild near Christmas Common in the Chilterns in the early 1900s, are often prominent overhead and their whistling calls can often be heard over the village. Sometimes the kites are fed by the publican of The Old Red Lion and many of the birds swoop down to pick up the scraps.
Like a lot of village churches, the parish church of St. Giles was originally Saxon. Much of the present building was largely rebuilt in the 12th century and further additions were made in the 13th and 15th centuries.
The Swan Hotel (now a restaurant and antiques centre) dates from at least the 15th century, although the present building dates from about 1700.
Tetsworth is about three miles south of Thame and close to the M40 motorway, approximately half way between junctions 6 and 8.