Highmoor is a small village which includes two or three other settlements, namely Highmoor Cross, Witheridge Hill and Satwell.
There are a few large houses along the main road at Highmoor which are sited away from the road and at one time there was a pub, the Dog and Duck. Highmoor Cross is about half a mile to the south of Highmoor, and here there are a few houses and cottages and also the village church, St. Paul's, which was built in 1859 as a chapel of ease. St. Paul's Church is now closed and has been declared redundant.
500m to the west of Highmoor Cross is a small group of houses and a pub overlooking a small green in an area known as Witheridge Hill.
The hamlet of Satwell is about three quarters of a mile to the south of Highmoor Cross and comprises a handful of cottages and a pub.
Highmoor is about 4 miles west of Henley-on-Thames and about a mile south of Nettlebed.