Piddington is a small village very close to Oxfordshire's border with Buckinghamshire. Nearby are the garrison villages of Ambrosden and Arncott, but despite that Piddington is a quiet, rural village with attractive old houses and a few thatched cottages.
The parish church in Piddington is the Church of St. Nicholas which dates from the 13th century. The original nave was rebuilt in the late 13th or the 14th century. The chancel has Decorated Gothic features dating from about 1350 and a number of Perpendiculat Gothic windows. The bell tower dates from the 16th century. A 14th century wall painting of Saint Christopher on the north wall of the nave was discovered in 1896 and restored in 1935.
The Bicester Military Railway, which runs through the nearby villages of Ambrosden and Arncott, terminates near Piddington serving various military depots en route.
Piddington is about four and a half miles south-east of Bicester.