Hethe is a small village consisting, like many villages, of older cottages in the original part of the village near the church and 'modern' houses elsewhere. In Hethe there are some interesting reminders of the time before mains water when villagers had to rely on wells.
The CoE parish church in Hethe is the Church of St.Edmund and St. George. The west wall of the nave and the south wall of the chancel are Norman, each having a Norman lancet window. In the south wall of the chancel there is a priest's doorway from the same period. The east end of the chancel was rebuilt early in the 13th century when a Decorated Gothic east window was inserted. In the 15th century a Perpendicular Gothic clerestory was added to the nave.
Near the church is an attractive little green with the village's war memorial and nearby is the restored St. George's Spring and the town well.
Just outside the village, well hidden from the road by trees, is Holy Trinity Catholic Church, built in 1832 to serve the Roman Catholic population here and in surrounding villages.
Hethe is about 4.5 miles north of Bicester.