The attractive litle village of Finmere is in the north-eastern corner of the county on the Buckinghamshire border and close also to the Northamptonshire border. It is actually about midway between Brackley and Buckingham.
The village is an attractive mixture of 'modern' houses and stone cottages including the odd one which has a thatched roof.
Along a drive in the northern part of the village is the parish church, the Church of St. Michael and All Angels. The earliest surviving parts of the present building are the tower, the north wall of the chancel and the Decorated Gothic windows in the chancel and the south wall of the nave. The Perpendicular Gothic clerestory was added later. A west gallery was added, probably in the 1760s, but was later removed. further alterations were carried out in the 19th century.
Nearby is the site of the former wartime RAF Finmere. After the end of the Second World War, Finmere was used to store large amounts of surplus ammunition, but was closed in 1945. The hangars survive in good condition and are used for light industry/agriculture, but all other surviving buildings are in an advanced state of decay. Part of the main runway remains and this is used for microlight flights and training.
Finmere is about midway between Brackley and Buckingham, just off the A421 about 4 miles west of Buckingham.