Deddington is a large attractive village, built in the local dark honey-coloured Hornton stone. The main road through the village, High Street, is lined with houses and cottages packed tightly together and opening directly on to the street. But the main part of the village is off the main road to the east and the village is centred around the bustling Market Place, Church Street and Chapel Square.
The large parish church in the centre of the village is the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul which dates from the early 13th century. The church once had a tall spire but it collapsed onto the nave in 1634, rendering it unusable for several years.
As well as St. Peter's and St. Paul's Deddington also has a Wesleyan Reform Church which was built in 1851.
Just to the east of the village is the site of Deddington Castle. This was a motte and bailey castle but all that remains of it now are the striking earthworks which are a public recreation area.
Deddington is about 6 miles south of Banbury on the A4260 Oxford to Banbury road.